none
Linking issues (mfuuid+Cygwin) RRS feed

• Question

• I am porting BasicPlayback code to Cygwin environment and I have some problems with linking.
    I located most needed linking parts from dll files (mf.dll and mfplat.dll) but there are few things I didn't find:
    _IID_IMFAsyncCallback
    _MF_EVENT_TOPOLOGY_STATUS
    _MF_TOPONODE_SOURCE
    _MF_TOPONODE_PRESENTATION_DESCRIPTOR
    _MF_TOPONODE_STREAM_DESCRIPTOR 
    _MFMediaType_Audio
    _MFMediaType_Video

Most of that stuff links to mfuuid.lib but I can't use Microsoft .lib files with Cygwin (and there isn't mfuuid.dll file). So I need to know what .dll files have those so I can use dlltool to create Cygwin compatible libraries. I searched whole System32 for those strings but I didn't get any match.

If someone can help, I would be happy.
    Sunday, July 6, 2008 8:06 PM

Answers

• The GUIDs are not exported from a DLL, just from the static lib (mfuuid.lib).

GUIDs are just constants, so you could just duplicate them. The literal values are in the header files. (Kind of a hack, but they're never supposed to change.)

- Mike

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 4:41 PM

All replies

• The GUIDs are not exported from a DLL, just from the static lib (mfuuid.lib).

GUIDs are just constants, so you could just duplicate them. The literal values are in the header files. (Kind of a hack, but they're never supposed to change.)

- Mike

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 4:41 PM
  • Also, you may include .h files with INITGUID symbol defined in one of .cpp files:

#ifndef INITGUID

#define INITGUID #include <guiddef.h> #include <mfapi.h> #undef INITGUID

#endif

Friday, October 25, 2013 9:12 PM
  • Also, you may include .h files with INITGUID symbol defined in one of .cpp files:

#ifndef INITGUID

#define INITGUID #include <guiddef.h> #include <mfapi.h> #undef INITGUID

#endif

include guiddef.h header file solves the issue, but why?
    Monday, July 1, 2019 10:23 AM