Skip to main content

none
NetWkstaGetInfo clarification RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I have a question about NetWkstaGetInfo. The documentation says "Anonymous access is always permitted for level 100".

If I am calling this for the local computer (NULL) and level 100, are there any scenarios where it would fail?

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 10:04 PM

All replies

• The documentation says "Anonymous access is always permitted for level 100".

That remark in the function documentation was applicable only to Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP.
    Tuesday, April 3, 2018 11:10 PM
  • That remark in the function documentation was applicable only to Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP.

Thanks. So, is there a description elsewhere for other Windows versions?

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 3:17 AM
  • Hi ,

Thank you for posting here.

Did you see the remark of document ?

It mentions that the Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP and Windows 2000 version.

Best Regards,

Hart

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 9:22 AM
  • Hi ,

Thank you for posting here.

Did you see the remark of document ?

It mentions that the Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP and Windows 2000 version.

Best Regards,

Hart

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Yes, I see that there are remarks for those specific OS versions. That doesn't tell me the expected behavior of the function on other OS versions, if it is different. Is the function deprecated?

Thank you!

Thursday, July 5, 2018 11:58 PM