none
Spooler crash-32bit environment (under load) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created soft printer which creates and saves postscript file using WDK7. I have portmon (ddklocalmon) which saves the postscript file  invokes external exe using  ShellExecuteA. I have tested it under load in 64bit with contineous print 100+ times. However, in 32bit after some 20 times print, spooler will crash/restarts. I created both 32bit and 64bit ddklocalmon dlls from the same code.

Anyone has any idea/pointers to resolve the same?

Thanks,

Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:14 AM

Answers

• I would guess you are corrupting memory, not leaking it. did you attach a debugger and see why it is crashing?

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, November 15, 2012 5:13 PM
  • While debugging, I could isolate the issue to a method which was causing the memory issue.. I will try to find the alternate to this implementation.

Thanks.

Friday, November 16, 2012 5:31 AM

All replies

• One more point to add to above problem- dont see spooler service memory going high.
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:15 AM
  • I would guess you are corrupting memory, not leaking it. did you attach a debugger and see why it is crashing?

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, November 15, 2012 5:13 PM
  • While debugging, I could isolate the issue to a method which was causing the memory issue.. I will try to find the alternate to this implementation.

Thanks.

Friday, November 16, 2012 5:31 AM