none
create simple com object RRS feed

• Question

• I need to create a COM server that will have one method available to an external software application ... I am completely new
    to this so I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to code a very simple COM server and to compile and install it ( I guess register it ) so that it is available to an external software app . I have not found an article on msdn that is applicable , or understandable , to me so any help appreciated . I don't need to learn COM ; I just need this one-time thing to be done .
    Monday, November 12, 2007 7:52 PM

Answers

• So, A very simple COM server without ATL or MFC is probably the one you are looking for.

Friday, November 16, 2007 7:06 AM
  •  

As mention Above Simply create a New project Select Project type as ATL/COM App Wizard .Create Dll exe whatever you want now go to Insert menu Select new ATL object .it will Appear  Dialog infront of your now Select Object from Left Side and from right Side Select Simple Object That's all you have to do.

Thanx

Friday, November 16, 2007 7:48 AM

All replies

• p.s. I have either Visual C++ 6.0 or Visual Studio .NET 2003 at my disposal .
    Monday, November 12, 2007 7:55 PM
  • So, A very simple COM server without ATL or MFC is probably the one you are looking for.

Friday, November 16, 2007 7:06 AM
  •  

As mention Above Simply create a New project Select Project type as ATL/COM App Wizard .Create Dll exe whatever you want now go to Insert menu Select new ATL object .it will Appear  Dialog infront of your now Select Object from Left Side and from right Side Select Simple Object That's all you have to do.

Thanx

Friday, November 16, 2007 7:48 AM