none
wdk rc1015 cannot open include file 'winres.h'. RRS feed

• Question

• vs2019 wdk 18362 can not create resource.h  xxx.rc . 

1) Open VS
    2) Create a new empty KMDF driver project
    3) On solution explorer right-click the project and select Add -> Resource...
    4) A message box reports <<fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file 'winres.h'.>>

vs team say it's wdk team question.

look->

Thank you for your feedback. We have determined that this issue belongs to Windows Driver Kit , we have another bug on Windows Driver Kit team to track this issue ,so close this VS feedback as external . Thank you for helping us build a better Visual Studio.

• Edited by MurRay丶 Tuesday, August 20, 2019 8:36 AM wrong word
    Tuesday, August 20, 2019 1:51 AM

All replies

• Windows drivers usually don't need any resources besides of version, which is optional. Until you find a proper solution, you can just continue working without the version resource.

(Or try to stick the version resource onto your .sys file with this - though I haven't touch it many years)

-- pa

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 2:27 PM
  • i know, but i think that issues need to be fixed
    Wednesday, August 21, 2019 3:14 AM
  • Thank you for pointing this out, a bug has been filed to investigate and root cause this issue. 
    Thursday, August 22, 2019 5:41 PM
  • hi, have any progress??
    Thursday, August 29, 2019 2:02 AM
  • The bug is still active but has not been addressed.
    Wednesday, September 4, 2019 6:49 PM
  • Hello,

Looking to understand your situation better could you explain what you are looking to do with a resource in a KM driver, as there isn’t a way to use a resource (thinking bitmap, lang file etc.) in KDMF.

Friday, September 20, 2019 4:57 PM