Skip to main content

none
TCP problem on windows 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• So i have a windows 8.1 box with Ethernet and Wifi adapters. The machine has always been connect to the router by cable but it suddenly lost connectivity a few days ago. I changed the cable and checked the router which works fine with any other computer, either wired or Wifi. The LEDS on the back of the machine flash suggesting traffic.

I switched to the WiFi link and the machine works fine, the problem is with the Ethernet connection.

So I reset the firewall, uninstalled/installed driver (MS nVidia) and “netsh int ip reset” but still cannot PING the router with a fixed IP address on the Ethernet link. Any ideas?

Thursday, November 30, 2017 7:33 PM

All replies

• Hi GS-toshiba laptop,

I'm afraid you are in a wrong place, i.e. your issue is not related with software development, but with Windows 8.1.
    This forum is "Windows Desktop Development".

Putting that aside....
    Is your network adapter (wired-ethernet) working fine?  Have you checked it in Device Manager?
    If it is made by Intel (like Intel Ethernet Connection **), you can check if several features are working, what states are on it.  

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Friday, December 1, 2017 2:48 AM
  • hi there, ups, selected the forum "Peer-to-Peer Networking for Windows Desktop" but didnt see the host group.

Yes, ethernet device is fine in Device Manager, I also uninstalled/installed the driver for nVidia networking.

Friday, December 1, 2017 8:38 AM
  • Hi GS-toshiba laptop,

Thank you for replying.

Is your network adapter made by nVidia?  I'm not sure if I can understand your machine (Windows 8.1 box)???.

Could you insert a screenshot of Device Manager in your post or share it via cloud storage such as OneDrive, Dropbox, and so on? 
    And provide make and model name of your Windows 8.1 computer (or Windows 8.1 box).

Regards,

Ashidacchi

• Edited by Ashidacchi Friday, December 1, 2017 8:47 AM
    Friday, December 1, 2017 8:45 AM