Skip to main content

none
Trial Version RRS feed

Answers

• As mentioned in the other thread, there is a good deal that goes into creating this functionality. There are many parts to consider when doing this right where having a trial period is part of this while another aspect is to turn the software from trial to functional which requires a method to register said software and how to store information (locally or through the web) that indicates it's not trial anymore e.g.

Image 1 and 2 are for generating serial numbers while the last is one for registering on the customer's machine.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

• Marked as answer by CompuTechSide Monday, September 16, 2019 1:34 PM
    Monday, September 16, 2019 11:09 AM

All replies

• Its very expensive Trial & Registration cannot afford

https://www.advancedinstaller.com/user-guide/tutorial-licensing.html

This feature is available only in an Enterprise or above license.

kindly give me any free option

Best Regards

Hi, 

You can take a look at this Thread

Trail Version

Regards From Egypt

• Edited by Amr_Aly Sunday, September 15, 2019 3:45 PM
    Sunday, September 15, 2019 3:43 PM
  • in the app, add a setting like this:

Then in the code:
        Private Sub Form1_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
            Dim trials As Integer = My.Settings.TimesUsed
            If trials >= 30 Then
                MessageBox.Show("Trial Period exceeded")
                Me.Close()
            Else
                trials += 1
                My.Settings.TimesUsed = trials
                My.Settings.Save()
            End If

End Sub
    You can change the number 30 to whatever you want.
    Monday, September 16, 2019 12:38 AM
  • As mentioned in the other thread, there is a good deal that goes into creating this functionality. There are many parts to consider when doing this right where having a trial period is part of this while another aspect is to turn the software from trial to functional which requires a method to register said software and how to store information (locally or through the web) that indicates it's not trial anymore e.g.

Image 1 and 2 are for generating serial numbers while the last is one for registering on the customer's machine.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

• Marked as answer by CompuTechSide Monday, September 16, 2019 1:34 PM
    Monday, September 16, 2019 11:09 AM