Skip to main content

none
Client Socket sudden lost while communicating with server and server is printing "Connection reset by peer" and "Connection reset" RRS feed

• Question

• Problem Description: - We have client and server program, and we are sending data from client to server with the help of socket communication. Both machines are Windows Server 2012 R2, everything was working fine on the client from last 7-8 month but sudden we are receiving the problem on the client machine and on tracing application logs on the server, I found "Connection reset by peer" and "connection reset".

On checking the client code, I found that Socket is not returning anything, i.e. socket has been lost. We have nothing to analyse, so I am putting this query on MSDN forum so that I can get some input to trace the issue.

Kindly let me know if I can trace the TCP/Sockets communication on a particular port from the client machine to the server machine.

One more thing, client noticed and told us that everything was working fine when they were running ping command from client to server machine in parallel. And when they stopped ping, the problem started occurring after few minutes; I am not able to understand if it can be possible. Will it be possible?

Kindly assist me, I will be really thankful.

• Edited by S.P Singh Saturday, January 28, 2017 5:19 PM
    Saturday, January 28, 2017 5:15 PM