ssis error RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

i am getting following error :

Error: 0xC0202009 at Data Flow Task 1, Source - ntis [84]: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR.  An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E0E.
    An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft JET Database Engine"  Hresult: 0x80040E0E  Description: "Bookmark is invalid.".

Monday, February 18, 2013 1:38 PM

Answers

• This can be quite tricky.  You can attempt to use a datagrid viewer, but if the row is causing an error from the source than the failure will occur before the issue row is loaded into the datagrid.  The below link provides steps that you can take to troubleshoot a data flow task:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms137944.aspx

David Dye My Blog

• Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:29 AM
    Monday, February 18, 2013 3:55 PM

All replies

• Are there any other error or information messages that you can provide?  From what you have posted this error is coming from an OLEDB data source. 

What is the data source using to retrieve the data?  A query? if it is a query can it be execute successfully from SQL Server management studio?  Is "Bookmark" a column name?  If it is insure that it exists in the source.

David Dye My Blog

Monday, February 18, 2013 1:45 PM
  • bookmark i snot column name,

i am getting it from .dat file.

microsoft jet database file.its very big file i cant open it

Monday, February 18, 2013 1:53 PM
  • Hi,

Cant you open the file in notepad and see contents?

Thanks, hsbal

Monday, February 18, 2013 2:40 PM
  • yes i am able to open it
    Monday, February 18, 2013 2:56 PM
  • are you able to make successful flat file source connection to this file? Follow these steps:

1. Make succesful conn to FF.

2. Add multicast transformation after FF source and connect them. Multicast is just for testing purpose. Add data viewer in between src and destination and verify your data.

Thanks, hsbal

Monday, February 18, 2013 3:24 PM
  • i have oledb source and in that Microsoft jet 4.0 oledb provider

Monday, February 18, 2013 3:37 PM
  • after 3709 rows,the next row is causing problem ,how i can see that row,
    Monday, February 18, 2013 3:39 PM
  • This can be quite tricky.  You can attempt to use a datagrid viewer, but if the row is causing an error from the source than the failure will occur before the issue row is loaded into the datagrid.  The below link provides steps that you can take to troubleshoot a data flow task:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms137944.aspx

David Dye My Blog

• Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:29 AM
    Monday, February 18, 2013 3:55 PM