Error in SSIS RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting these errors while running SSIS through command T-SQL.

Tried solving with some solutions online (update Advance Editor, etc.. ) but no luck. Please help with this. Thanks in Advance.

The "output column "localuse2" (367)" failed because truncation occurred, and the truncation row disposition on "output column "localuse2" (367)" specifies failure on truncation. A truncation error occurred on the specified object of the specified component.  

SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED.  The PrimeOutput method on component "Claims" (1) returned error code 0xC0202092.  The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.  

An error occurred while processing file "\\dev04\Datasources\ax.txt" on data row 89979.  

Data conversion failed. The data conversion for column "localuse2" returned status value 4 and status text "Text was truncated or one or more characters had no match in the target code page.".  

Monday, March 14, 2011 5:36 PM

Answers

• Examine the row #89979. What do you see? Most probably there is an unusually long number or string. You will need to cleanse that, likely by a SSIS Expression.

Arthur My Blog
    By: TwitterButtons.com
    • Proposed as answer by Todd McDermid Monday, March 14, 2011 6:17 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by mrsql1414 Monday, March 14, 2011 6:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by mrsql1414 Monday, March 14, 2011 6:37 PM
    Monday, March 14, 2011 5:43 PM

All replies

• Examine the row #89979. What do you see? Most probably there is an unusually long number or string. You will need to cleanse that, likely by a SSIS Expression.

Arthur My Blog
    • Proposed as answer by Todd McDermid Monday, March 14, 2011 6:17 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by mrsql1414 Monday, March 14, 2011 6:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by mrsql1414 Monday, March 14, 2011 6:37 PM
    Monday, March 14, 2011 5:43 PM
  • Alternatively, add an error path to the component. SSIS will then spit the erroneous row down this path and you can then clean it, send it back to vendor, etc. It is always best practise to have error paths.
    Peter Carter-Greenan http://sqlserverdownanddirty.blogspot.com/
    Monday, March 14, 2011 6:18 PM

Arthur My Blog

Sorry, hit by mistake. Thanks a lot

"Unproposed As Answer bymrsql1414 a few seconds ago"

Monday, March 14, 2011 6:37 PM