Skip to main content

none
Our dual-signed drivers (SHA-1 & SHA-256) are no longer installing successfully on Windows 7 64 bit PCs RRS feed

• Question

• My company develops devices for communication between PCs and vehicle networks.  We have an install that lays down drivers for these devices.  In order to be most compatible with Windows 7 versions out there, we found that dual signing our Drivers gave us the most success.  These have been out in the field for 8-12 months with no issue.  In July, we started having users report issues with the installation - they were getting errors that the drivers were not signed and the installs were failing.  I do have success on these PCs if I install SHA-2 only signed drivers.  But this is not occurring on all Windows 7, only some.  It seems to depend on what Windows updates they have, but we can't find a pattern yet.

I know that recent updates have come out regarding Windows updates being only SHA-2 signed.  (For example, KB4474419)  Does anyway know if this in some way could affect other driver software?  In other words, can anyone tell if a recent Windows 7 update has eliminated the support for dual-signed drivers?

Thanks in advance!

Friday, August 2, 2019 8:17 PM

All replies