Skip to main content

The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Active Directory!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

Azure Admin Account Locked Out RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've locked myself out of my business azure portal without enabling the password reset options... Since there are no other admins on my active directory, I would need help to reset my password.

I would like to know if its actually possible to have someone prompt a password change to my business email.

Thank you in advance.
    Monday, October 21, 2019 10:23 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I managed to finally get hold of the admin account & reset the password appropriately.

Thanks for your help.

• Marked as answer by Matthieu T Wednesday, November 6, 2019 1:51 PM
    Wednesday, November 6, 2019 1:51 PM

All replies

• Hi

I'm not sure, but in my opinion, there is no "backdoor" or option. You have to call Azure support to unlook and reset your account.

Dani

Monday, October 21, 2019 11:29 AM
  • Hi Dani,

Thanks for your reply. That's indeed what I've seen on other posts in Microsofts forums.

I'm waiting for them to reply so we can handle this together as I haven't found any other approach to solve this.

Best,

Matthieu

Monday, October 21, 2019 1:35 PM
  • Yes Matthieu

dahawei is correct . You would need to call Azure Support on 1800-936-3100 in order to get this rectified . We recommend you to setup a Self service password reset for admin accounts once you have been able to sort the issue. They may verify your identity you might have used while creating the Azure AD tenant before they could help you . Please have the details ready and they must be able to have this fixed for you soon.

Hope this helps.  

Thank you. 

Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and/or "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable. Thanks!!

Monday, October 21, 2019 7:00 PM
  • Hi Shashi,

Thanks for your help though I'm not a premier client which means I can't use this line.

Would you have any other ways to fix this?

Thank you in advance.

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 1:20 PM
  • Hi,

I managed to finally get hold of the admin account & reset the password appropriately.

Thanks for your help.

• Marked as answer by Matthieu T Wednesday, November 6, 2019 1:51 PM
    Wednesday, November 6, 2019 1:51 PM