none
Show filter choice in SharePoint list takes for ever to open and gives an error RRS feed

• Question

• I have got this list with list item count less than 6k,has max of 10 list column so far, List view threshold has been set to 5000000, and have no index set in the list. 

i am got an admin right and i dont see any issues when i click the show filter choice, but have been seeing this issue with lot of users who has full control right to the list. whenever the user try to click the show filter choice and pick the Person name form F_name column the wheel keeps spinning and takes more than 10 mins to load and finally gives Http 401 error, this page isnt working, and prompt a window to re-enter the UserID, password repeatedly.

Please advice. 

Thanks 

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 3:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Akash123tharu,

“Show Filter Choices” is only appear to prevent performance problems by showing >500 options to choose from.

It seems the list view URL is changed after clicking "Show Filter Choices".

Whether the users who encounter this issue only have Full control in this list? Try to give a user read permission at least in the site level to check if the issue exists.

And you can also use Fiddler to trace which URL that user tries to access but gets 401 error.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 6:36 AM
  • Hi Grace WR

Thank you for your response. 

Yes users have Full control access, and i found that they had Contribute access at the site level. i deleted an user and provided read access as you mentioned and tried to re load the page and i received a following error:

"An error occurred while processing on the server,the status code received from the server was 0"

later i tried to reload the page opening fiddler

•   didnt receive 401 error for the first time, it definitely took for ever to load and was finally able to filter the view.

tried reloading a site again

And now i tried to debug an issue using IE debugger and received the following trace:

Thanks 

• Edited by Ian Pokhrel Friday, December 6, 2019 7:34 PM
    Friday, December 6, 2019 7:33 PM