Skip to main content

none
[WP8.1][Driver] WdfDeviceCreateDeviceInterface fail with rc = 0xC0000010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I want develop ioctl driver.

using WdfDeviceCreateDeviceInterface function, but return fail with rc:0xC0000010.

WdfDeviceCreate function is succesed.

What is the reason for this problem?

What is the correct mean it's rc(0xC0000010)?

What is solved this problem?

Jack

Monday, April 11, 2016 8:35 AM

Answers

• I haven't debugged with WDF or WP8.1, so I may have misunderstood something. Anyway…

0xC0000010 is STATUS_INVALID_DEVICE_REQUEST. From looking at WDF source code, WdfDeviceCreateDeviceInterface could return that in two cases:

1. If IRQL > PASSIVE_LEVEL.
    2. If the WDFDEVICE is not a PnP device. A control device cannot have device interfaces.

Both of those call DoTraceLevelMessage, which I believe is intended to let !wdfkd.wdflogdump show you what the problem is. I don't know whether you need to do something special in WP8.1 though.

Monday, April 11, 2016 3:54 PM

All replies

• I haven't debugged with WDF or WP8.1, so I may have misunderstood something. Anyway…

0xC0000010 is STATUS_INVALID_DEVICE_REQUEST. From looking at WDF source code, WdfDeviceCreateDeviceInterface could return that in two cases:

1. If IRQL > PASSIVE_LEVEL.
    2. If the WDFDEVICE is not a PnP device. A control device cannot have device interfaces.

Both of those call DoTraceLevelMessage, which I believe is intended to let !wdfkd.wdflogdump show you what the problem is. I don't know whether you need to do something special in WP8.1 though.

Monday, April 11, 2016 3:54 PM
  • Hi 

Thanks Doron.

Jack.

Monday, May 9, 2016 6:50 AM