none
USB 3.0 UVC driver RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My host PC is a Windows 7 64 bit machine.

System supplied USB Video class driver Usbvideo.sys is working fine with USB 2.0 UVC device. Will the same driver work with USB 3.0 UVC device? Or should I install any other driver?

Thanks,

Subbarao.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 2:43 PM

Answers

• on win7, the drivers for the usb 3 host controller come from a different company. go ask them for support for their usb drivers as to why the usb video class driver does not work.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, August 9, 2012 5:56 PM

All replies

• if the class specification is the same yes. it would also depend on the 3rd party xhci stack's implementation on win7

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 7:00 PM
  • Hi Doron,

Thanks for your reply.

I have installed a USB 3.0 PCI express card on my host PC and installed the drivers supplied by manufacturer.

USB 3.0 devices are being detected properly, but I have some issues with UVC protocol. So here my doubt is that, will Usbvideo.sys work properly with USB 3.0 UVC device or should I install any drivers specific to UVC class.

Thanks
    Subbarao.

Thursday, August 9, 2012 1:32 PM
  • on win7, the drivers for the usb 3 host controller come from a different company. go ask them for support for their usb drivers as to why the usb video class driver does not work.

Thursday, August 9, 2012 5:56 PM