Skip to main content

none
I realy néed thé entire project of thé serial mouse sysmouse.sys RRS feed

• Question

• I have completed thé half of thé RS232 physical device project,  now i need a typical software driver for it.

Saturday, January 27, 2018 1:19 PM

Answers

• The serial mouse sample has been pulled from the latest wdk. It is probably in the win8 kit, certainly in the win7 kit. It is called mouser.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sunday, January 28, 2018 2:58 AM

All replies

• The serial mouse sample has been pulled from the latest wdk. It is probably in the win8 kit, certainly in the win7 kit. It is called mouser.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sunday, January 28, 2018 2:58 AM
  • thank you, but i downloaded the Windows Driver Kit 7.1.0.7600, and the installer does not show any type of serial sample or project (neither the mouser or serial or serenum project).

Remarks: there is a sample named "generalsamples", may the mouser sample exist in this general project?
    Wednesday, January 31, 2018 10:19 AM
  • Windows Driver Kit version 7.1.0:
    No MOUSER on my side.
    C:\WinDDK\7600.16385.1\src\serial\serenum
    C:\WinDDK\7600.16385.1\src\serial\serial
    Looks like 'Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Driver Development Kit (DDK)'
    has a sample called MOUSER, producing 'Sermouse.sys' ...

With kind regards
    Thursday, February 1, 2018 10:15 AM
  • hi

this is a screenshot for my windows browser of the WDK 7 installation directory:

as you can see, there is no project named as MOUSER

can you send me the entire project via my email : abdellahgogop@hotmail.com
    Thursday, February 1, 2018 10:30 AM
  • Yes, it's missing in WinDDK 7.1.0.
    Screenshot is for 'ancient' 'Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Driver Development Kit (DDK)', which raises questions about compatibility.
    Also, looking for a download option, I just found a direct (left-behind?) download-link: 
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/0/f/90f019ac-8243-48d3-91cf-81fc4093ecfd/1830_usa_ddk.iso

No warranty
    With kind regards

Thursday, February 1, 2018 11:18 AM
  • why do you need the mouser sample? to what end? what are you trying to accomplish?  

Thursday, February 1, 2018 4:27 PM
  • i have made a serial mouse with 2 buttons using logic gates, counter and a timer ICs.

so i want a driver for my device.

Thursday, February 1, 2018 4:46 PM
  • the MOUSER sample has been completed and .INF & .SYS files also generated successfuly, but when i want to install (via device manager manually) i get this problems:

(in the visual studio output window after building, this last says to me that the driver and the catalog files are successfuly done)

any solutions?

Thursday, February 1, 2018 5:05 PM
  • Code 10 means that you have no signing issues. The driver is installed and attempted to start, but failed. Debug.

-- pa

Friday, February 2, 2018 2:27 AM
  • i have encountred another problem, the serlog.h file of the "serial" sample does not exist neither in the WDK 7, 8, 8.1 or in 10.

this file is referenced in the "serial" project.

any ideas?

Friday, February 2, 2018 7:51 PM
  • Check if this actually sermlog.h that file is generated from processing sermlog.mc

Don Burn Windows Driver Consulting Website: http://www.windrvr.com

Friday, February 2, 2018 9:28 PM
  • good , but another problem was shown in the device manager:

This device cannot started. (Code 10).

Saturday, February 10, 2018 2:43 PM