The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Virtual Machines!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

HAXM is not installed on this machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I am trying to use Xamarian.Android on Visual Studio 2019 on my Azure virtual PC (Standard D4 v3 (4 vcpus, 16 GiB memory) . While trying to build my Xamarin app- I am getting the following error:

================================
    emulator: ERROR: x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration!
    Please ensure Windows Hypervisor Platform (WHPX) is properly installed and usable.
    CPU acceleration status: HAXM is not installed on this machine
    Emulator pixel_2_xl_pie_9_0_api_28 cannot be started.
    ================================

I have turned windows features on for "Windows Hypervisor Platform (WHPX)" and "Hyper-V".

Also, installed "Android SDKs and Tools -> Tools -> Extras -> Intel x86 Emulator Accelerator (HAXM Installer) v7.3.2".

Could anyone help me to enable the feature for "HAXM" on the BIOS of this virtual PC? Thanks for reading.

Regards,

Shawkat

Thursday, November 28, 2019 12:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Shawkat.necs,

"HAXM" is not supported on Azure VM's. This is not supported on a Virtualized environments(including other public clouds)

But you can run nested virtualization.

Refer to the note from the this document.

"You can't run a VM-accelerated emulator inside another VM, such as a VM hosted by VirtualBox, VMWare, or Docker. You must run the Android emulator directly on your system hardware."

You can run Hardware accelerated emulator directly on the physical machine only.

For the benefit of the community, Please click on "Mark as answer" for the replies which helped you to solve your problem.

Friday, November 29, 2019 9:08 AM
  • Hello,

Any update on the issue?

If the suggested response helped you resolve your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and "Up-Vote" for the answer that helped you for benefit of the community.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, December 3, 2019 4:34 PM