SSIS error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm getting the following error while loading data from flat file to SQL server tables.I'm using OLE Db destination. Can anyone tell me what might be the reason? 

An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005. An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client"  Hresult: 0x80004005  Description: "Login timeout expired". An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client"  Hresult: 0x80004005  Description: "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.". An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client"  Hresult: 0x80004005  Description: "Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [53]. ".

Thursday, August 2, 2007 7:35 PM

All replies

• The "Login Timeout Error" makes me think that SSIS was trying to login to the database and was unable to do so.  You might want to check if ID under which you are running the package has the ability to write to the destination table.

Thursday, August 2, 2007 7:42 PM
  • Another possible issue is that the SQL Server is not allowing remote connections. You can check this through the Surface Area Configuration tool.

Thursday, August 2, 2007 9:04 PM