Skip to main content

none
Changes in the HEVCVideoExtensions from version 1.0.21822.0 to 1.0.2276.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Sometime last week, the windows store appears to have pushed an update to the HEVC decoder that has caused our application that uses it to stop playback after 7 minutes.  Media foundation using MFTrace is reporting an OutOfMemory.  Watching using any memory profiler backs and supports this.  Memory keeps climbing until our 32 bit app hits roughly 1.4 gig, then stops.

While testing this theory 2 days ago, I had a working system that would play for hours.  As soon as I installed the HEVCDecoder under an admin account instead of my user account, it updated both, and started failing.

I would simply uninstall the update, but I have not found a way to get an older version of something delivered through the Microsoft Store.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 10:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting here.

Strictly speaking, this is not a development issue, but an issue about the Microsoft tools. And this looks more like a bug, I recommend you'd better submit a feedback in the feedback hub.

In addition, as far as I know, the app version cannot be rolled back. You can only Disable Automatic Updates for Windows 10 Store Apps.

Best Regards,

Drake

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 5:33 AM