none
Execution Level Elevation in Vista for UAC RRS feed

• Question

• Language: VB.net
    IDE: VS 2005

Hello everyone~

We've followed some tutorials to elevate the execution level to avoid UAC. But, unfortunately, we are having the following exception in the log file when we tried to install our published application.

System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (UnsupportedElevetaionRequest)
      - The Execution level requested by this application is not supported.

--UPDATE--
    After I've read some more, we realised that it is because of our ClickOnce. (true?) ClickOnce cannot have requireAdministrator or highestAvailable, that's what I read. So, what can we do with this?

I'd appreciate any input.

Best Regards,
    KZ
    After the sunset, a new day must be born.
    Friday, January 16, 2009 4:29 AM

All replies

• ClickOnce is intended for low-impact applications and, as such, can't request Administrator rights. If your application is designed for system administration, then you'll have to use a more traditional installation technology. If it's not, it probably shouldn't be requiring Administrator rights anyway and you'd be better off making it Standard User aware.
    Friday, January 16, 2009 2:31 PM
  • I believe that the app does require administrator's rights as it is controlling local SQL server. So,... are you suggesting that normal Windows installer is an option???

Regards,
    KZ

After the sunset, a new day must be born.
    Monday, January 19, 2009 7:20 AM
  • I'm in the same position you are in ... what way did you end up going?

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 9:21 PM