The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Virtual Machines!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

Azure reservation instances RRS feed

• Question

• Hi experts

I have 3 VMs, in the azure portal I have checked the advisor-cost and found the recommendation cost management as below :

'' This recommendation was calculated based on your VM usage trend over the last 30 days and the suggested quantity is based on what will maximize your savings. This quantity may not be the number of virtual machines deployed in that region. 

Recommended quantity: 3

Currently deployed virtual machines: 3

My question is: how to get the recommendation based on calculation based on VM usage over the last 60 days instead of 30 days?

Friday, November 8, 2019 10:39 PM

All replies

• I am not 100% sure you can change the default settings. However you can modify a lot of setting via Azure Advisor. I suggest taking a look there to see if you can achieve your goal. I will do some testing as well

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/advisor/view-recommendations

Saturday, November 9, 2019 12:47 AM
  • I could not find solution on the link you have sent. 

As I have read in Azure document I found this comment ''Microsoft consumption recommendation looks at your usage for seven, 30, or 60 days and recommends optimum configurations of Reserved Instances.''

As default, Microsoft consumption recommendation looks at your usage for 30, but how to make it for 60 days ? or 7 days?

Saturday, November 9, 2019 9:12 AM
  • Looking further into this, it seems by default in the portal we should 30 days. If you want to look at 7 or 60 days you need to call the REST API endpoint manually

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/billing/enterprise/billing-enterprise-api-reserved-instance-recommendation

So not available via portal

Monday, November 11, 2019 5:34 PM
  • Hello,

Any update on the issue?

If the suggested response helped you resolve your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and "Up-Vote" for the answer that helped you for benefit of the community.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 9:51 AM
  • Hi Jafar,

I can see there is a drop down for 7,30,60 days usage. if you select the respective service/recommendation you can see the option. Please refer to the below screenshot

• Proposed as answer by Anwesh Patukuri Tuesday, November 19, 2019 10:51 AM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 10:51 AM
  • Good find Anwesh! Not sure how I missed that filter but I just checked again and was able to see it this time. 

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 8:30 PM
  • Hello,

Any update on the issue?

If the suggested response helped you resolve your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and "Up-Vote" for the answer that helped you for benefit of the community.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, November 26, 2019 10:26 AM
  • Hello,

Any update on the issue?

Thanks.
    Friday, November 29, 2019 10:12 AM