Skip to main content

How can i make Standard ASCII folding analyzer work with suggestions? RRS feed

• Question

• I am creating an Index in Azure Search and when defining the fields, i have some fields liKE Country, Subdivision, Municipality..., that basically are locations to suggest. But an spanish user for example doesn't need to know how to writte this special characters for "7ème Arrondissement" for example in French or "Linnanmäki", so i guess i need to change the analyzer to Standard Ascii folding.Is this correct? But when creating the index i get an error that is not supported this analyzer with suggestions in this version of the API, only standard analyzer. How can i fix this? Can i change the API version?

Thank you.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 9:46 PM

All replies

• Yes, just to highlight, for best results during indexing and querying, assign a language analyzer that provides the appropriate linguistic rules. A language analyzer is specified when a field is created. Adding an analyzer to an existing field definition requires overwriting (and reloading) the index, or creating a new field identical to the original, but with an analyzer assignment. If you haven’t checked this already, you may take a look at the document for a detailed process.
    How exactly are you attempting create the index (share more concealed) details? And, what is the exact error message you receive?  With ASCII folding – you can add the Standard ASCII folding filter to normalize diacritics like ö or ê in search terms. Kindly let us know if you require further assistance with this query.

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 7:56 PM