Skip to main content

none
Is "DF - Device Driver INF Verification" changes to "DF - InfVerif INF Verification"? RRS feed

• Question

• We have been developed UNI driver and XPS driver for our printer driver. Only UNI driver is recently fixed and update. We will create the package and apply for Windows logo certification. We have two questions;

1. Now, we test our UNI driver with HLK server. The TestName of "DF - Device Driver INF Verification" that existed before is not found. Is the Test Name "DF-InfVerif INF Verification" changed from the Test Name of "DF-Device Driver INF Verification"?

2. The program of XPS driver does not changed. Can we use previously acquired log files of "DF-Device Driver INF Verification"?

Monday, November 12, 2018 7:44 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Answer for 1, yes the test name changed between kit releases.

Answer for 2, no you should use the current test. If there are failures in the new test they should be investigated, if they turn out to be new rules for higher OS's then your submitting for then I recommend opening a CSS cases for a possible waiver for the OS your certifying for. 

• Marked as answer by KwanTurco Monday, November 19, 2018 11:56 PM
    Tuesday, November 13, 2018 8:08 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Answer for 1, yes the test name changed between kit releases.

Answer for 2, no you should use the current test. If there are failures in the new test they should be investigated, if they turn out to be new rules for higher OS's then your submitting for then I recommend opening a CSS cases for a possible waiver for the OS your certifying for. 

• Marked as answer by KwanTurco Monday, November 19, 2018 11:56 PM
    Tuesday, November 13, 2018 8:08 PM
  • Hi Cymon,

Thank you for your advice!! I want to report you that passing of Hardware submission but I am still in trouble...

We can merge package .hlkx and .hlck by Windows Hardware Lab Kit(HLK), but cannot add the printer driver when executing [Create package] after selecting printer driver folder of [package] - [Add Driver Folder]. The message shows; Error while running Signability Tests. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\WST\550745d5-1da6-4c9a-939e-5b5309d1dec3\000'.

Should I post another thread...

Anyway thank you so much!

Friday, November 16, 2018 7:10 AM
  • Yes please create a new thread for this. 

Monday, November 19, 2018 6:59 PM