SSIS error RRS feed

• Question

• I encountered these errors after running the SSIS package. A command line triggers a batch file in a batch server that runs the package in a seperate server. Kindly assist me on this. 

Code: 0xC0202009
       Source: <Package name> Connection manager "<server path>"
       Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR.  An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005.
    An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client"  Hresult: 0x80004005  Description: "Login timeout expired".
    An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client"  Hresult: 0x80004005  Description: "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.".
    An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client"  Hresult: 0x80004005  Description: "SQL Network Interfaces: Error Locating Server/Instance Specified [xFFFFFFFF]. ".
    End Error
    Error: 
       Code: 0xC00291EC
       Source: On Error Execute SQL Task
       Description: Failed to acquire connection "<server path>".Connection may not be configured correctly or you may not have the right permissions on this connection.
    End Error
    Warning: 

Code: 0x80019002
       Source: OnError
       Description: SSIS Warning Code DTS_W_MAXIMUMERRORCOUNTREACHED.  The Execution method succeeded, but the number of errors raised (1) reached the maximum allowed (1); resulting in failure. This occurs when the number of errors reaches the number specified in MaximumErrorCount. Change the MaximumErrorCount or fix the errors.
    End Warning
    DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1).

Monday, January 28, 2008 8:48 AM

Answers

All replies

• DId you enable remote connections ? See the screencast on my site for more information how to do this.

Jens K. Suessmeyer

---
    http://www.sqlserver2005.de
    ---

Monday, January 28, 2008 6:12 PM
  • I have been having similar errors but with a different situation.  I am running the exact same SSIS package through dtexec calls simultaneously (of course they are accessing the same pacakge config files but no conflicts there).  When I run it by itself there are no errors but when I launch the same package a minute later it runs for a while but eventually I get a login timeout.  The package loops through a configurable amount of times and "check outs" work that is needed to process via a GenID so it is impossible for the packages running simultaneously to be extracting, transforming and loading the same records.  Could it be that I need a new ID for the package and name them differently?

Thanks for your help. 

Thursday, July 24, 2008 5:47 PM