none
SSIS Package failed to execute after convert to package deployment model RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a working SSIS packages running well from debug mode. So to deploy to SQL Server, I actually converted to Package Deployment Model, so that it can generate a dtsconfig file with login credentials.

The problem is, after I converted to Package Deployment Model and created that dtsconfig file, I no longer able to execute the package from debug mode, it kept throwing error. Any advice? Thanks.

'Execute SQL Task: Failed to acquire connection "DB Conn". Connection may not be configured correctly or you may not have the right permissions on this connection.'

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 5:47 AM

All replies

• The problem is, after I converted to Package Deployment Model and created that dtsconfig file, I no longer able to execute the package from debug mode, it kept throwing error. Any advice? Thanks.

Why can't you deploy it directly as it is (without converting to package deployment) using right click option on Project and click deploy, follow the wizard.

Please refer for the steps:

https://www.sqlshack.com/deploying-packages-to-sql-server-integration-services-catalog-ssisdb/

Cheers
    Vaibhav
    MCSA (SQL Server 2014)

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6:04 AM
  • Hi ryanlcs11,

Try to create Credentials and Proxy to run the package in Jobs.

Please refer to SQL Credentials and Proxy for Agent Job.

Regards,

Zoe

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6:58 AM
  • Hi ryanlcs11,

Have you resolve your issue? Would you kindly give us some feedback?

If you found above answer is helpful, please mark it as answer, this can be beneficial to this community.

Regards,
    Zoe

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, September 27, 2019 7:26 AM