none
Cannot find specified file RRS feed

• General discussion

• I recently installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition, and everytime I go to build and then debug a source file a notice pops up saying that the "specified file cannot be found."  Also, when I actually build the solution it always says it has failed, even when there are no errors.  Sometimes a notice pops up saying the Solution file is out of date too.  If anyone knows how to fix this problem, that would be greatly appreciated!
    • Edited by GVHYTRIOP Friday, June 27, 2008 7:45 PM Edit
    • Changed type Yan-Fei Wei Sunday, July 6, 2008 11:29 AM Have not followed up with the necessary information
    Friday, June 27, 2008 7:44 PM

All replies

• Yeah, I've been able to fix this by re-creating the project from scratch and then doing a rebuild all.  Don't worry, you can copy and paste any of your code that you changed in the non-working one, into your new one.
    Friday, June 27, 2008 8:55 PM
  • The thing is that everything works fine with one source file under the project.  When I add another source file this is when I get the messages about not being able to find files.  So basically at the moment I can only create projects with one source file.
    Saturday, June 28, 2008 5:02 AM
  • Hi,

In order to find the cause, would you test following scenarios and post the result?
    1. Add an empty source file to your project which has only one source file.
    2. Create a new project and add two source files.

If the result is the same, please restart your computer and retry above steps.

Thanks for your collaboration.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Thursday, July 3, 2008 4:41 AM
  •  

Re: Cannot find specified file

We are changing the issue type to “General Discussion” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to "Question” by editing your initial post and changing the radio button at the top of the post editor window. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Sunday, July 6, 2008 11:27 AM
  • hi,

first of all open ur project in visual studio 2005 then delete DEbug Directory from ur working folder then select rebuild all from build menu option.

thanks
    Monday, July 7, 2008 6:58 AM