none
Making Windows 10 PC Tower WiFiDirect discoverable by Brothers MCF-8810DW printer RRS feed

• Question

• I must use a Windows 10 PC and the imbedded WiFiDirect to communicate with a Brother MCF-8810DW printer. How do I make the PC discoverable?
    Saturday, April 30, 2016 12:04 AM

All replies

• Saturday, April 30, 2016 12:23 AM
  • You should see this link How to turn your Windows 10 PC into a wireless hotspot also as it has methods for determing if your WiFi adapater supports hosted networks. If it does not then as they say in New York City "Forgeddaboud it".

Update: I also found the below information from this link http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04577030

Install a Wi-Fi Direct printer using the Add a Device wizard on a Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 computer.
    1. Make sure the print driver is installed on the computer or laptop.
    2. Turn on Wi-Fi Direct on the printer.
      • For printers with a control panel, touch the Wi-Fi Direct icon   to display the Wi-Fi Direct name and PIN.
      • For printers without a control panel, press the Information button    to print a report that includes the Wi-Fi Direct name and PIN.
      • If the printer does not have an Information button, press and hold the Resume button    for 2 seconds to print a report that includes the Wi-Fi Direct name and PIN.
    3. On the computer, search for Devices and Printers, and then click it in the results.
    4. Click Add a Device, select DIRECT-xx-HP [your printer model name] from the list of printers, and then click Next.
       note:
      If the printer  name does not display, you might be out of range of the Wi-Fi Direct signal. Move your device and printer closer together.
    5. Type  the PIN code when prompted in the Add a Device wizard on the computer, and then click Next to complete the setup.

La vida loca

Saturday, April 30, 2016 3:33 PM