price for archiving data RRS feed

• Question

• I have lots of movies which I want to archive in the cloud, about 6TB. I've set-up my AZURE acct and CONTANER to keep my uploads. Even though I have 1 GIG FIOS (upload test: 800) it takes 5 minutes to upload a 4GB movie iso.

Once all files are uploaded (which should take 6 x 250 x 5 = 7500 min = 125 hours) hopefully, unless my local storage drives crash, I will NEVER need to access what I've stored. (Now all my movies are backed up locally--so once the originals are safely stored in the cloud, I can free up that space for more movie!)

I have $200 credit (what does this cover?)

(1)How much am I charged for upload time?

(2)How much for archival space?

Thanks.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 6:21 PM

All replies

• As I understand you are using the free trial subscription credits? If that the case this article provides all the information on Azure free account FAQ

1. Azure doesn’t charge for uploading the data.
    2. Are you referring to archive Storage tier?  Archive - Optimized for storing data that is rarely accessed and stored for at least 180 days with flexible latency requirements (on the order of hours).

Note: At the end of your first 30 days, you can continue using your free products after you upgrade your account to a pay-as-you-go pricing and remove the spending limit. If you stay within the service quantities included for free, you will not have to pay anything. The $200 free credit acts as a spending limit.

Hope this helps! 

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 8:55 AM
  • Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 8:07 AM
  • Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Wednesday, December 11, 2019 2:42 PM
  • Following up to see if the above suggestion was helpful. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Monday, December 16, 2019 9:07 AM