Skip to main content

none
Touch Injection In Windows Phone 8 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

Is there any touch native library present in Windows Phone 8 which we can call from Windows Phone 8 Runtime. I know about Windows 8 Desktop, there are methods 'InitializeTouchInjection' and 'InjectTouchInput' in WinUser.h native library.

For Windows Phone 8 SDK, I can see that there is an equivalent library - winuser.h but these two methods are not made available in this library.

Also I read in msdn that the Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 Runtime uses the same Touch API, but still this is not working.

Does anyone knows which native library we can refer to simulate touch in our Testing.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 5:34 PM

All replies

• This forum is specific to ink and touch API for desktop apps. For help with Windows Phone programming please post in the Developing for Windows Phoneforum.

That said, there is no similar API for Windows Phone. Windows Phone apps cannot synthesize input.

--Rob

Thursday, August 29, 2013 7:36 PM
  • Hello Rob,

Thanks for the response. I have posted this question on windows phone 8 forum as well. But as you said there is no API for Windows Phone 8. So Does that mean we cannot simulate touch in windows phone 8, and hence no chance of Unit Testing. Is there any other alternative to achieve this? 

I know about the ButtonAuotmationPeer class, which helps to automate the Apps based on XAML. But that will not suffice my requirement as we need to Automation the Web UI Testing on IE.

Thanks.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 9:28 PM
  • Hello,

Any thoughts on the above post.. It would be great if someone can share some more opinion.

Thanks

Friday, August 30, 2013 6:29 AM
  • Hello,

I have the same problem like you. Have you found any solution?

Peter

Sunday, December 1, 2013 2:11 PM
  • This forum is specific to ink and touch API for desktop apps. For help with Windows Phone programming please post in the Developing for Windows Phoneforum.

That said, there is no touch injection API for Windows Phone. Windows Phone apps cannot synthesize input. I'm not familiar with specifics of UI testing Windows Phone apps, but you may be able to automate UI testing by synthesizing input on a desktop system outside of the emulator. You shouldn't need to synthesize input to unit test lower level code.

--Rob

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 1:51 AM