none
Why did Vista remove hierarchical SendTo menu items in context menu?

Question

•  

HUGE functionality that seems to be missing now is the ability to create hierarchical SendTo menu items. If I create a folder in the SendTo folder, I cannot add subfolders or shortcuts to that folder to created a nested, organized set of SendTo items.

Just for example. 

(1) I create a folder named "Test" in the folder C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo;

(2) Copy NotePad.exe's shortcut to C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo\Test;

(3) Right click on a txt file, then click "Send to", the Test sub menu item not appear!! But the case in XP SP2 is OK!!

Why did MS remove this functionality? Why?

Thursday, January 10, 2008 2:42 AM

All replies

•  

Why no reply?

Up by myself.

Friday, January 11, 2008 3:38 AM
  •  

Why did Vista remove hierarchical SendTo menu items in context menu?

sorry......

Monday, January 28, 2008 8:34 AM
  • Very good question here, nut no answer? Also like to add question about Sharepoint document folder sendto support. Is it possible to make hierarcial Send to targets?

Thanks 
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 12:42 PM
  • I totally agree.. i NEED hierarchical SendTo menu items!

Sunday, January 02, 2011 12:25 AM
  • This is a forum for developers writing Windows software, and that's not what your question is about. That's why there are no (or very few) answers.
    Phil Wilson
    Tuesday, January 04, 2011 8:26 PM
  • Where would you suggest to ask this?
    Sunday, August 14, 2011 2:25 PM
  • But Vista is not in the list of products that accept bugs or suggestions.

About Vista, that's just when we lost the feature.. now it's still missing in Win7.

Thanks for the reply, maybe i hoped someone with infulence* might just read this.. :P

*And someone who actually cares to make MS the best OS over crappy glossy Apple interfaces that are currently taking over the world.

Forget the bling... give me functionality!

Sunday, August 21, 2011 12:27 PM
  • Is there a will?

If there is a will, we're half way there...

(requirements: someone with xp and regshot/procmon/systracer)

awaiting feedback, digits entwined...

Thursday, March 20, 2014 7:35 PM