Skip to main content

none
Wi-Fi Direct legacy AP WinRT API - How to start an Access point with own DHCP server or a static ip address RRS feed

• Question

• I have been investigating the Wi-Fi Direct Legacy Connection C++ WRL Demo found from:

https://github.com/Microsoft/Windows-classic-samples/tree/master/Samples/WiFiDirectLegacyAP

I have my tablet connected via WiFiDirectLegacy access point. The tablet is automatically logged out from Wi-FI every 10 seconds and logged in again, if I give the tablet a fixed IP (eg 10.0.0.3) address or set my own DHCP server at the WiFiDirectLegacy access point. Only when My Table assignt a IP address from the started WiFiDirectLegacAP DHCP server (192.168.137.1) , than work the connection perfektly.
    does anyone have an idea how to solve the problem? how i use another Ip adresses for  my Clients without connections problems?

THank you

Thursday, May 2, 2019 12:32 PM

All replies

• Why do you need a fixed ip address and cannot use the ip assigned by the AP?

You can have two ip addresses on the interface.

-- pa

Thursday, May 2, 2019 4:09 PM
  • i dont need a assigned IP from the AP.

but this AP is only working , when the client  have a assigned IP from the DHCP-AP. 

Thursday, May 2, 2019 5:17 PM
  • Hi,

This forum is about c++ development. For your case which is more related to UWP, I will help you move thread to UWP forum for better support.

Best Regards,

Jeanine Zhang

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 3, 2019 7:13 AM
  • Hi ,

Since the problem is more related to Peer-to-Peer networking, I'll help you to move this thread to the Peer-to-Peer Networking for Windows Desktop. You could get more professional support there.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 6, 2019 2:36 AM