Skip to main content

none
HLK on Dell Pavilion 550 blue screens RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm attempting to run HLK for a touch screen on a Dell Pavilion 550-110: Intel Core i3, 8 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home as a test system; all Windows updates have been installed on this test server as of 3/13/16, at least per the Windows Updater.  This system was bought specifically for HLK a week ago.  I am using the built-in Windows drivers and am adding no software of my own to the Windows system.  I select a group of non-manual tests to run on the test server.  Shortly after the selecting the tests and clicking on "Run", the test system restarts.  However, rather than returning to the normal startup screen I get a blue screen that references "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT".  The system then continually reboots with this MEM0RY_MANAGEMENT blue screen.  If I cycle power, the system will still encounter the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT blue screen shortly after boot and never reach any sort of login screen.  I've disconnected all devices except the monitor and I still get the blue screen.  Note that the reboot goes on for hours; the "automatic repair" referenced by Microsoft on their BSOD page (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors) never happens.

This problem has happened twice.  I recovered the system the first time by using the recovery partition to re-install Windows.  I do not want to do that again without having some clue as to what to do to fix the probem.  On the second HLK attempt, I manually rebooted the Windows test system just prior to selecting the HLK tests; the machine rebooted without issue.  I've also run memtest86 with no error, so I do not believe this is a hardware failure.

I've run all of the HCK tests on a lower cost Windows 8.1 machine without issue.

Can anyone offer any possible solutions?

Thanks,

Michael

Monday, March 14, 2016 8:45 PM

All replies

• To follow up to my own post: I tried again but without installing the Windows updates and I get the same result.  Since the machine is now in a rolling reboot there appears to be no possibility of retrieving any sort of log files/core dump.  I also ran just a single test ("DF - Embedded Signature Verification Test (Tuning and Validation)") this time rather than an entire set.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 4:59 PM