none
Blog Posts with Assigned Category Not Filtering into Quick Launch Categories RRS feed

• Question

• We have a couple blog subsites on our SharePoint site. When creating a post, you have the option to select a category to which it can be assigned. Even if you select a category within the post, the posts are not filtering into the appropriate blog categories when selecting the category in the Quick Launch. It is displaying all of the posts instead. I have tried adding an additional query string within SharePoint Designer, but that did not work. Thank you in advance for any help provided!
    Tuesday, December 3, 2019 4:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Lindsey,

Whether the issue occurs in every blog sub site? And did you enable content approval for the post list?

Please go to the home page of blog subsite to check whether the Blog Tools web part still exists.

If not, please add a new Blog Tools web part in the subsite home page.

Best regards,

Julie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 9:25 AM
  • Hi Lindsey,

I’m checking how the things are going on about this issue. Whether the post helps you?

You can mark the post as answer if it helps.

Best regards,

Julie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, December 6, 2019 1:23 AM
  • Hello Julie,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some possible solutions. The issue occurs on two of our three blog subsites. The Blog Tools web part does exist on the subsite home page. We do not have Content Approval enabled since we do not require our posts to be approved. Do we need to have Content Approval enabled?

Thanks again,

Lindsey

Friday, December 6, 2019 10:26 PM
  • Hi Lindsey,

It’s not necessary to enable Content Approval, if we enable Content Approval then disable the Content Approval for the post list, it will occur the issue as below article describes:

SHAREPOINT – BLOG POST FILTERING BASED ON CATEGORY STOP WORKING

When I test in my environment, I could reproduce the issue then I add the code after the </OrderBy> and before the </Query> tags, however, the other web parts will occur error, delete and re-add will make them work well again.

If the issue still exists, please delete the Blog Tools web part and re-add the web part in the subsite homepage to check the result.

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards,

Julie

Monday, December 9, 2019 9:46 AM
  • Hello Julie,

When I follow the steps in the article, I do receive the Web Part Error message where the Blogs Tools web part used to reside. I am able to resolve that issue by removing and adding the Blog Tools web part again. However, I receive the following error in the Quick Launch when selecting a specific blog category from the Quick Launch:

One or more field types are not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to delete these fields.
    Correlation ID:eae81f9f-3ba5-101a-c779-97add4c6ddf1

Do you have any thoughts on why this error is displaying and how to resolve the issue?

UPDATE: I tried removing the Categories web part and re-add it, but now it is listing the SharePoint list view (+new item option, Edit option, etc.) when I want it to display the same as the blog subsite main page as simply text that link to all posts within that category (which still is not working).

Thank you,

Lindsey

Monday, December 9, 2019 8:39 PM
  • Hello Julie,

I ended up creating a brand new blog site, and the filtering is working now. Thank you for trying to assist with the issue we were encountering.

Thanks again,

Lindsey

Monday, December 9, 2019 10:37 PM
  • Hi Lindsey,

Congratulations on solving this issue by creating the new blog site.

By the way select the Summary view of the Categories web part could display the same as the blog subsite main page as simply text that link to all posts within that category.

If you find the reply helpful to you, please remember to mark it as answer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Julie

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 1:39 AM