Position of Common File Dialog under Vista RRS feed

• Question

• I am using a dual screen Vista, 64 bit machine.
    When I create a vanilla MFC application (using the wizard in Visual Studio 2005) the application has trouble positioning the common file dialog.
    When the menu item is selected, the file dialog is created, but at the edge of my secondary monitor, not in  the center of the application window, as I would expect.
    This only appears to be an issue with dual screen Vista (I don't have a 32bit Vista to test on)
    Is this a known problem?
    Is there an MFC  update I need?

I am also having problems with the standard print and print setup dialogs, but am hoping a MFC patch will fix everything!

TIA,
    Hugh Dixon
    Wednesday, June 20, 2007 8:15 AM

All replies

• You might want to take a look at the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\CIDSizeMRU

Under Vista, info about the common dialog positions are stored there. The common dialogs have always been a little flaky on dual monitor setups, but under Vista the positions are remembered for each application and can be forced to reset by deleting the key associated with the application. The application exe name is stored in the first several unicode bytes of the key.
    Tuesday, June 26, 2007 2:38 PM