none
Selected machine pool does not contain any targets of this type RRS feed

• Question

• I cleaned up a ton of old logs under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Hardware Certification Kit\Controller\WTTSystemLogs\" on my controller. Then none of my client systems would reset to the "Ready" state because of no heartbeat. I deleted all clients  from the pools and let them regenerate. That solved the reset to "Ready" problem. Now I get the following when I select a pool for my project:

Selected machine pool does not contain any targets of this type.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance.

CR

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 3:52 AM

Answers

• I forgot to follow up. Uninstalling the kit and MSSQL from the controller then reinstalling everything is what fixed it.

CR

• Marked as answer by Creed4521 Tuesday, June 9, 2015 12:12 AM
    • Edited by Creed4521 Tuesday, June 9, 2015 12:13 AM
    Tuesday, June 9, 2015 12:12 AM

All replies

• By deleting content under WTTSystemLogs, it sounds like you deleted the client machine data, as well (located under \WTTSystemLogs\Gatherers. Letting the systems "regenerate" may have solved some issues but you may have put the system in an unrecoverable state. I recommend that you re-install the client machines -

* Uninstall clients

* Remove (delete) clients from controller

* Re-install clients

Another thing to note (if you did not know already) is that you may have "frozen" any existing projects. When a client is uninstalled, any targets selected on that machine might no longer be able to run tests. Normally deleting a target and letting it "regenerate" would not cause this to happen but, if you really deleted the gatherer data, it might be the same as uninstalling (or corrupting the state of) the client.

John -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 4:13 AM
  • John,

Your right, the deletion also included the Gatherers machine data. I've bee doing this cleanup routine since DTM 1.4. This is the first time it's ever caused a problem. I will follow your recommendation and post back.

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

CR

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 5:02 PM
  • I uninstalled HCK Client software from all client systems, deleted the machine names from all pools, and reinstalled the clients. 13 GUID directories generated under the Gatherers directory, but none of the pools would display any targets, just like before. I have a total of 24 clients.

I completely uninstalled Controller/Studio and MSSQL from the controller and I'm reinstalling everything now...

CR

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 1:49 AM
  • I forgot to follow up. Uninstalling the kit and MSSQL from the controller then reinstalling everything is what fixed it.

CR

• Marked as answer by Creed4521 Tuesday, June 9, 2015 12:12 AM
    • Edited by Creed4521 Tuesday, June 9, 2015 12:13 AM
    Tuesday, June 9, 2015 12:12 AM