none
Use of DelegateExecute key in registry RRS feed

• Question

• I was going through the registry keys and values and I came across this key called 'DelegateExecute" which has values like {99969a8f-28e6-4adt-ab9e-b5b8e90d4733}.

What exactly is the purpose of this key and what do its values signify?

Thursday, March 7, 2019 12:20 PM

All replies

• This is a shell extension handler, and Raymond Chen did a pretty good blog post about this all the way back in 2010.

This is a signature. Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

Thursday, March 7, 2019 5:32 PM
  • Hello Highyer,

Just update the link as @Darran Rowe pointed out. Valid link: Simplifying context menu extensions with IExecuteCommand.

I found some description here:

CLSID is registered in the verb's command subkey as the DelegateExecute entry.

A CLSID is a globally unique identifier that identifies a COM class object. If your server or container allows linking to its embedded objects, you need to register a CLSID for each supported class of objects.

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 1:54 AM