none
TDI filter driver not listed RRS feed

• Question

• 1. Our VPN client contains four drivers. In Vista and Windows 7, all four drivers are listed under "Device Manager" section of HCK 2.0 studio, whereas from Windows 8 and Windows 2012 test PCs, three of them are shown in "Software Device" section. What might be the reason? Need to alter .inf file?

2. Also, in Windows 8 and Windows 2012, one of the drivers, a TDI filter driver, was listed only once during first test project but later it was not getting listed. We also have a WFP driver among them. VPN client re-installation, test PCs reboot, HCK studio restart have not solved the issue. Both these test PCs are dual boot. Can that cause any issue? I can provide any necessary logs if required.

Thank you,

Chandra

Sunday, September 8, 2013 12:11 PM

All replies

• I'm not sure about #1 but concerning your second question, have you tried using the search functionality on the "device manager" section. In HCK 2.1, some of the filter drivers were associated with a physical device for testing. The filter driver you are looking for might not be explicitly listed in "device manager" but the search function looks "deeper".

John -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, September 9, 2013 4:05 PM
  • Hi John,

I've already tried the search option from device manager. But that didn't help. Are these TDI filter drivers no more supported in Windows 8 and Windows 2012 ? Can something else is causing this?

Regards,

Chandra

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:14 PM