Skip to main content

none
Confused-Question about Digital Driver Signing by Microsoft..Need help asap RRS feed

• Question

• 1. How much does it cost by Microsoft to sign a driver for Windows 10 (x64 ,x86), Windows 7 (x64, x86), Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016 (excluding cost to buy EV certificates)?

2. How long does the signing process take by Microsoft?

3. Can you create the HLK and HCK tests from an unsigned driver that is an ".exe" ?

4. I am trying to generate the HLK and HCK tests but they are failing. Where can I get additional support? I am following the Microsoft tutorial but am wondering if am doing the test right.

5. I started by Installing the studio (HLK and the HCK on the Server as well as on the client), create machine pool, creating a project, then selecting the machine pool,  In the Selection tab I saw systems, device and printers, device manager, software device then I selected the name of the driver from the device manager and then I ran the test. It ended failing 47 out of 50.

For example, the "DF InfVerif INT Verification" test failed and the error says: Fail to get primary INF, error 0X00000490

Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Friday, October 19, 2018 6:17 PM

All replies

• Hello,

This question was answered here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0968fae1-4d08-46c8-a0b8-59695da6dab9/confusedquestion-about-digital-driver-signing-by-microsoftneed-help-asap?forum=wdk

Thursday, October 25, 2018 7:36 PM