Skip to main content

none
Windows Defender ATP included? RRS feed

• Question

• Is Windows Defender ATP included in the Azure Security Center standard? Or is the advanced threat detection similar like the on-premises variant named: Advanced Threat Analytics?

Advanced threat detection - Use advanced analytics and the Microsoft Intelligent Security Graph to get an edge over evolving cyber-attacks. Leverage built-in behavioral analytics and machine learning to identify attacks and zero-day exploits. Monitor networks, machines, and cloud services for incoming attacks and post-breach activity. Streamline investigation with interactive tools and contextual threat intelligence.

Monday, October 21, 2019 6:47 PM

Answers

• Hello Marc-1983

You are correct . We verified this with PG on our side. Let me answer your questions one by one. 

• Yes windows Defender ATP is included in the Security Center Standard tier. 
    • The Advanced threat detection for the on-premise variant named Advanced threat Analytics use the same background engine to analyze and detect the threats. 
    • Windows Defender ATP  was re-branded to be named as Microsoft Defender ATP and they both are both the same thing. In some documentation you may see the named used differently however they talk about same product. We are updating the documentation and it should change completely overtime to reflect the new name. If you enable the MDATP integrations in Security center and onboard a node on standard tier, as soon as you the monitoring agent is up and running you would be able to see the logs and you will have access to the portal https://securitycenter.windows.com/ to get more information on the same. 

I hope the above answers your query completely. In case the information provided in this post helps you , please do mark it as answer so that its helpful to the community searching for similar query. Should you have any further query , please feel free to let me know and I would be more than happy to address them. 

Thank you. 

Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and/or "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable. Thanks!!

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 2:41 PM

All replies

• Hello Marc-1983

We are checking this with the product group on this and will update this thread with the findings. 

Thank you. 

Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and/or "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable. Thanks!!

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 3:55 AM
  • Hello Marc-1983

You are correct . We verified this with PG on our side. Let me answer your questions one by one. 

• Yes windows Defender ATP is included in the Security Center Standard tier. 
    • The Advanced threat detection for the on-premise variant named Advanced threat Analytics use the same background engine to analyze and detect the threats. 
    • Windows Defender ATP  was re-branded to be named as Microsoft Defender ATP and they both are both the same thing. In some documentation you may see the named used differently however they talk about same product. We are updating the documentation and it should change completely overtime to reflect the new name. If you enable the MDATP integrations in Security center and onboard a node on standard tier, as soon as you the monitoring agent is up and running you would be able to see the logs and you will have access to the portal https://securitycenter.windows.com/ to get more information on the same. 

I hope the above answers your query completely. In case the information provided in this post helps you , please do mark it as answer so that its helpful to the community searching for similar query. Should you have any further query , please feel free to let me know and I would be more than happy to address them. 

Thank you. 

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 2:41 PM