none
First Time Submit a Package for Storage iSCSI Logo Certification RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

This is my first time i am going to do create and upload a package after that going to submit.

Once all my test completed what shall i do first..

I just click package tab in HCK studio and then click Add driver package it ask for the location ( in which location i have to choose and add my test results i dont know where to go and see...)

Another doubt is when i strat the iSCSI Logo certification test it says first finish the Device Fundamental test and then do the storage testing. Then i finished the Device fundamental test in this case can i add a package for this first later on once i done my storage test can i merge the package with existing one. If yes how do i do that...

Kindly help me .... since i am new to this...

Vinayagamoorthy Mani

Friday, December 27, 2013 10:46 AM

Answers

• Hi Mani,

After running your tests, create a package and include any additional driver files (optional). And then submit the package on the Windows Dev Center hardware dashboard.

Please go through the following documentation for any help on the submission process.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/dn448564

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/hardware/gg463010

-David

• Marked as answer by StorTrends Monday, December 30, 2013 10:39 AM
    Friday, December 27, 2013 7:04 PM
  • Yes, you can merge the packages. In the Package tab, there is a Merge Package button where you provide the packages you want to merge with the currently opened package (or project).
    • Edited by David Ogirala Monday, December 30, 2013 6:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by StorTrends Thursday, January 2, 2014 5:47 AM
    Monday, December 30, 2013 6:53 PM
  • Why do you need to remove the failed test? The packaging process will pull in the most relevant result. That is, if the test has passed at least once, that passing result will be included in the submission package.

John -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by StorTrends Friday, January 3, 2014 5:59 PM
    Friday, January 3, 2014 5:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Mani,

After running your tests, create a package and include any additional driver files (optional). And then submit the package on the Windows Dev Center hardware dashboard.

Please go through the following documentation for any help on the submission process.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/dn448564

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/hardware/gg463010

-David

• Marked as answer by StorTrends Monday, December 30, 2013 10:39 AM
    Friday, December 27, 2013 7:04 PM
  • Dear David,

Thanks for your answer. But can i able to create Device fundamental test package and then finish the storage certification after both finish is it possible to merge the package if yes how do i do that.

Vinayagamoorthy Mani

Monday, December 30, 2013 10:41 AM
  • Yes, you can merge the packages. In the Package tab, there is a Merge Package button where you provide the packages you want to merge with the currently opened package (or project).
    • Edited by David Ogirala Monday, December 30, 2013 6:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by StorTrends Thursday, January 2, 2014 5:47 AM
    Monday, December 30, 2013 6:53 PM
  • Dear David,

Thanks for your information...

In case one of my test fail and later the same test pass how do i remove the failed test case from HCk studio.

Vinayagamoorthy Mani

Thursday, January 2, 2014 5:48 AM
  • Why do you need to remove the failed test? The packaging process will pull in the most relevant result. That is, if the test has passed at least once, that passing result will be included in the submission package.

John -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by StorTrends Friday, January 3, 2014 5:59 PM
    Friday, January 3, 2014 5:56 PM
  • Dear John,

Thanks for your information.

I have only one doubt First i finished all the iscsi test after that i click submit tab . In that submit tab i clicked add driver package then its asking some location pop up came what its asking some filed or its searching log location. If log location where shall i go and select i dont know the location..

Vinayagamoorthy Mani

Friday, January 3, 2014 6:01 PM