none
Error at Dim Conn as As Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.
    If anybody can help with this, I'll really apreciate it!
    This is my problem.
    I have two projects and one of them, I have a reference to Oracle.DataAccess, Version = 9.0.2.700.
    But when I try to declare a variable of type Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection, like this:

Dim conn As Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection

It raises an exception:

Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess, Version=10.1.0.200,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342' or one of its dependencies.
    El sistema no puede hallar el archivo especificado.

I have no idea why ask for the Version 10.1.0.200 and all my references are to a Version 9.0.2.700

I created another project to test the reference to the Oracle.DataAccess 9.0.2.700 and It worked fine, the problem is only in my project.

Thanks for the help.

Douglas

Friday, December 14, 2007 4:53 PM

Answers

• I assume you have checked your web.config or any other config files where you might have mentioned version no.

Now, what you can do is

1) Open your project in Visual Studio

2) Edit menu -> Find and Replace -> Find In Files (or perform Ctrl + Shift + F in VS 2005)

3) In "Find what" text box write "10.1.0.200" and in "Look in: " drop box select "Entire Solution".

Hopefully you will get where exactly you are referring to an assembly with version 10.1.0.200 and can change it to 9.0.2.700

Friday, December 14, 2007 7:35 PM

All replies

• I assume you have checked your web.config or any other config files where you might have mentioned version no.

Now, what you can do is

1) Open your project in Visual Studio

2) Edit menu -> Find and Replace -> Find In Files (or perform Ctrl + Shift + F in VS 2005)

3) In "Find what" text box write "10.1.0.200" and in "Look in: " drop box select "Entire Solution".

Hopefully you will get where exactly you are referring to an assembly with version 10.1.0.200 and can change it to 9.0.2.700

Friday, December 14, 2007 7:35 PM
  • Thank you, very, very, very much Gunjan!!!!
    This solved my problem!!!!
    Thanks a lot!!!!

Friday, December 14, 2007 9:51 PM