none
Preview WordPerfect files? RRS feed

• Question

• I have over 3,000 older WordPerfect file (not so old, from 1995-2007). I finally switched to Word 2007 and have begun a massive convert job using Office 2003 (Office 2007) doesn't have the batch conversion wizard any more and the direct convert to .docx is not as sweet as to .doc.

However, I imagine I will have to look at some of these Wordperfect files in searches in the future. There must be a billion wordperfect files out there -- can you add .wpd to your preview list? That would be great. Google does it as a plug-in, and Copernic has .wpd support built-in.

The only big thing I'm waiting for is the highlight keyword. Holding my baited breath as you work out all the stability kinks first!

Sunday, April 13, 2008 4:32 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for your reply.  We are sorry, but previewing Word Perfect (.wpd) files is currently not possible with Windows Search 4.0. You may check with the program Vendor for any future updates or for the release of an Ifilter that will permit searches of Word Perfect (.wpd) files with Windows Desktop Search 4.0.

Thank you,

Monday, April 14, 2008 9:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What Operating System do you have and what version of Windows Search are you currently using?

Thank you,

Sunday, April 13, 2008 9:45 PM
  • Sorry, I keep forgetting about that.

XP SP2
    Windows Desktop Search 4.0
    2.2 Ghz dual core machines with 4 and 2MB RAM, respectively.
    Sunday, April 13, 2008 10:09 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your reply.  We are sorry, but previewing Word Perfect (.wpd) files is currently not possible with Windows Search 4.0. You may check with the program Vendor for any future updates or for the release of an Ifilter that will permit searches of Word Perfect (.wpd) files with Windows Desktop Search 4.0.

Thank you,

Monday, April 14, 2008 9:52 PM