Skip to main content

none
Cant remove custom login branding after Azure AD Pemium trial expires RRS feed

• Question

• Title. I had a Premium P2 Trial and I applied custom branding, but since then our logo has changed, so I would like the branding removed at the least or changed if I can. Thanks in advance!
    Monday, September 30, 2019 12:14 AM

Answers

• I don't think there's any way to do that without upgrading, since the feature itself requires Azure AD Basic at minimum. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/fundamentals/customize-branding

I'm creating a work item for the product team to look into this. 

Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and/or "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable. Thanks!

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 9:32 PM
  • The product team has replied that IF you need to remove this branding now you should enable another Azure AD P2 or M365 trial in your tenant. Then you can remove this branding. This way once the trail expires you will not be in the compliant issue for licensing. I know that is odd but there is no easy way to remove the login page branding when you move from Azure AD Premium to FREE.

There is no ETA on changing this functionality as of yet.

Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and/or "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable. Thanks!

• Marked as answer by Garret Stand Monday, October 21, 2019 6:11 PM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 11:19 PM

All replies

• You can always update the Custom Company Branding. Here's the detailed article on how to do the same.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Monday, September 30, 2019 7:44 AM
  • Sorry if it wasn't clear but I had the TRIAL for Premium and it expired so now I have the free Azure package and cannot revert it. Whoops!

• Edited by Garret Stand Friday, October 4, 2019 4:25 PM grammar
    Friday, October 4, 2019 4:24 PM
  • I don't think there's any way to do that without upgrading, since the feature itself requires Azure AD Basic at minimum. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/fundamentals/customize-branding

I'm creating a work item for the product team to look into this. 

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 9:32 PM
  • OK... this is a interesting problem. I recommend that Azure should automatically reset the branding after the trial period. Just my idea. Thanks for helping!
    Sunday, October 13, 2019 4:24 PM
  • The product team has replied that IF you need to remove this branding now you should enable another Azure AD P2 or M365 trial in your tenant. Then you can remove this branding. This way once the trail expires you will not be in the compliant issue for licensing. I know that is odd but there is no easy way to remove the login page branding when you move from Azure AD Premium to FREE.

There is no ETA on changing this functionality as of yet.

• Marked as answer by Garret Stand Monday, October 21, 2019 6:11 PM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 11:19 PM
  • Problem, I was using the desktop portal on my phone and started the other Azure trial by accident in my pocket... would there be a way to dial support and have it removed? I'm sorry for being so irritating, but y'all are so helpful! Thank you again!

EDIT: I think I have a O365 trial available in my tenant, please hold...

EDIT2: It worked! I have a O365 trial active and now I can set it. Thank you VERY much! :)

Monday, October 21, 2019 5:43 PM
  • Thanks for following up! Glad it worked out. :) 

Monday, October 21, 2019 6:32 PM