none
listed device in "devie manager" of the selected machine pool out of sync with the device connected to the clients RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I have an issue with the HCK studio. the listed device in "device manager" of the selected machine pool keep showing the previously fnished device(Device ID) even I have connected a new device to the clients(I selected the same machine pool as previous device when i created the new project after connected with new device). this will cause adding target failure.

Any idea of the issue and how to solve it? really appreciate your help with the answers.

note: i have tried following solutions with same failure result:

- set the machine status to "not ready" and set to "ready" again

- restart both clients and server 

B.R.

Michael

• Edited by m.yan Monday, December 30, 2013 10:06 AM
    Monday, December 30, 2013 10:05 AM

Answers

• Hi m.yan,

Whenever you add new targets to the client, the HCK client must be reinstalled to have the latest gatherer data. Try uninstalling HCK client and reinstall it.

-David

• Marked as answer by m.yan Thursday, January 2, 2014 6:03 AM
    Monday, December 30, 2013 7:37 PM

All replies

• Hi m.yan,

Whenever you add new targets to the client, the HCK client must be reinstalled to have the latest gatherer data. Try uninstalling HCK client and reinstall it.

-David

• Marked as answer by m.yan Thursday, January 2, 2014 6:03 AM
    Monday, December 30, 2013 7:37 PM
  • hi David.

thanks for your answer, I get this issue solved by reinstall HCK client. but it's kind of complicate if we have to reinstall the HCK clinet every time when we change to new target for testing.

B.R.

Michael

Thursday, January 2, 2014 6:03 AM
  • While complex targets may require an install, the HCK can normally pick up changes to targets (i.e. adding or removing them). Can you share more on information on the devices? Did they have different instance Ids. Typically, we would investigate HCKService.log in <a href="file://\\\HCKLogs">\\<Controller>\HCKLogs for more information about the device gathering process.

John -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, January 3, 2014 7:11 PM