none
waveInOpen() API is always failing to open a Conecexant drive mic in HP Laptop which is having french OS. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ALL,

waveInOpen API is always failing to open a Conecexant drive mic in HP Laptop which is having french OS. 
    and is returning Invalid arguments. same code/EXE in all the other laptops it is working fine and able to open the mic.

with the below WAVEFORMATEX format we are trying to open the mic. with the same WAVEFORMATEX we are able to open the mic in all other machines
    irrespctive of the OS and driver excpet "Conexant driver mic in HPlaptop which is having french OS"

Wave Format Config Format Tag [1] //WAVE_FORMAT_PCM
    Channel Count [2] 
    Samples per Sec [48000] 
    Block Align [4] 
    AvgBytesPerSec [192000]  
    BitsPerSample [16] 

You support is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    yugandhar saadili
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 1:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

what's error value returned by waveLnOpen ? Refer to Return Value.

Best regards,

Jeffrey

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Jeffrey Shao Wednesday, October 16, 2019 1:57 AM
    Wednesday, October 16, 2019 1:55 AM
  • Hi,

waveInOpen is returning as MMSYSERR_INVALPARAM

but actually there is no problem with the given parameters, waveInOpen is always returning MMSYSERR_INVALPARAM error

only on HP laptop which is having french OS and conexant driver mic.

we are not facing this issue anywhere. apart from "HP laptop which is having french OS and conexant driver mic."

same exe is working fine in all other machines and we are able to open the mic and able to capture PCM wave buffers.

WAVEFORMATEX structure is filled with below details:

Wave Format Config Format Tag [1] //WAVE_FORMAT_PCM
    Channel Count [2] 
    Samples per Sec [48000] 
    Block Align [4] 
    AvgBytesPerSec [192000]  
    BitsPerSample [16] 

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 9:53 AM
  • That WAVEFORMATEX looks fine. Can you file a problem report in Feedback Hub, with "recreate my problem" logs of a failed attempt to call waveInOpen, and share a link?

https://matthewvaneerde.wordpress.com/2016/09/26/report-problems-with-logs-and-suggest-features-with-the-feedback-hub/

Matthew van Eerde

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 3:36 PM
  • Hi Matthew ,

I have reported a problem in feedback hub , i have re created this issue in french os laptop which is having conexant driver mic.

While re creating my problem i have selected category as files and folders and online storage instead of audio and sound.

as i have recreated in french os i am not getting the option to select audio and sound(in french language) 

Please find the below shared link:

https://aka.ms/AA6e0gm 

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 12:01 PM
  • Thanks for filing the problem report.

To diagnose the failure, I need audio logs, and these are only collected for problem reports in the audio category, not in the the storage category.

I have redirected the problem report to the right category. Can you add new "recreate my problem" logs as described here?

https://matthewvaneerde.wordpress.com/2016/09/30/adding-logs-to-a-reported-problem-in-feedback-hub/

Matthew van Eerde

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 2:43 PM