Skip to main content

none
Class implements IMFMediaEventGenerator to listen for events in its queue and call its own callback to handle events. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a DeviceMFT for video capture in my project. Within DMFT, I have various classes I want to send custom events (like RAW_FRAME_READY etc.. ) between classes . Say ,

- I have ClassA that initiates ClassB and ClassC.

- ClassB wants to send custom event to classA.

- Based on the event, classA calls a method in ClassC.

Am thinking to use ClassA as Media event generator, thereby ClassB , ClassC can queue events. 

ClassA also implements IMFAsyncCallback and whenever any class queues event, ClassA::Invoke() handles the events and calls methods of other interfaces accordingly.

class ClassA: public IMFMediaEventGenerator , public IMFAsyncCallback

ClassA::ClassA

{

MFCreateEventQueue(&iQueue);

BeginGetEvent(this,NULL); //>>> I want the same interface to listen for events in its queue

}

ClassA::BeginGetEvent()

{

<assume we have a working code here>

}

ClassA::EndGetEvent()

{

}

ClassA::QueueEvent()

{

}

ClassA::Invoke()

{

// Get callback for events in the queue

HandleEvent();

}

Here are my queries 

1) Can i use IMFMediaEventGenerator to queue custom events ? I see that MediaEventType is of DWORD type and I can define my own events.

2) even though ClassB, ClassC generates events, they do not implement IMFMediaEventGenerator. Instead they use ClassA event queue. Is this an acceptable design ?

3) As ClassA implements IMFMediaEventGenerator and IMFAsyncCallback , Can i call BeginGetevent(this,...) in ClassA i.e ClassA will be listening for any events in queue and then call its ::Invoke()

Monday, October 7, 2019 1:20 AM

All replies