ADF Event Based Trigger Not Triggering When a New File is Placed onto V2 Storage Account RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having an issue with ADF not triggering the pipeline for an event based trigger. I've enabled the event grid resource and I'm using a V2 storage account. I create the event based trigger and it shows the example file that I've placed out onto storage. I then associated a pipeline with the trigger and publish the project with the trigger enabled. It deploys successfully. When I go add another file to the account, the pipeline does not trigger.
    Wednesday, December 4, 2019 7:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Bret Myers

Could you please refer to below GitHub issue to verify your trigger and dataset configurations are correct?

https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/issues/42345

And also please let us know what is your data factory region?

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 12:13 AM
  • The region is West US 2. I'm not getting an error message when creating the trigger. The trigger is just not firing when I place file out onto storage. I created a dummy file out there so I can validate that the container and blob begins with path are correct (its shows the file when I create the trigger). When I go and delete the file and re-add it, the pipeline just doesn't execute. The trigger is enabled and published when I try dropping the file.
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 1:49 PM
  • Thanks for your response. Have you configured the Trigger parameters, Pipeline parameters & Dataset parameters as below?

Trigger Parameters: Please check if you mapped @triggerBody().fileName and @triggerBody().folderPath to pipeline parameters

Pipeline Parameters:

Dataset parameters:

Dataset connection settings: 

DataSet parameter input values: 

Once after configuring as above, add trigger to the pipeline. Then drop a blob/file in the container and check in the Monitor window if there are any Trigger runs fired. If yes, then check if the trigger run is completed successfully. If yes, then check if it had fired the pipeline associated with the trigger. 

If your trigger run is successful and if your pipeline hasn't started yet then please verify if the trigger created is associated with the pipeline and published. If your pipeline is associated with the trigger created and if your trigger run is successful then definitely it should fire the pipeline and in case if there are any issues in configuring your pipeline settings, then you should see pipeline failure with appropriate error details in the monitor window. 

Could you please verify above and let us know how it goes.

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 9:50 PM
  • Yup, I have all that configured for the source file and folder. I don't think thats the issue. When I enable the trigger, set it to run a pipeline, publish project with the active trigger, and place a file out onto storage, the pipeline is never started when looking in the Monitor window. 

The event based trigger was working for me a few week ago but stopped working recently. I've tried re-registering the event grid resource provider but didn't have any luck.

Friday, December 6, 2019 2:45 AM
  • This looks strange. If you have a support plan you may file a support ticket, else could you please send an email to AzCommunity@Microsoft.com with the below details, so that we can enable a one-time-free support for your subscription to work closely on this matter. 

Email subject: <MSDN Thread title>
    Thread URL: <MSDN Thread>
    Subscription ID:  <your subscription id>

Let us know here once you have emailed the details.

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Friday, December 6, 2019 4:43 PM
  • Before sending email, could you give one last try stopping and restarting the trigger and drop a file to test if it works. If it doesn't work please send an email with details requested in my previous reply.

Thank you

Friday, December 6, 2019 5:21 PM