Issue when passing parameter through URL in SSRS Portal and refreshing the page RRS feed

• Question

• I am passing parameter A through a URL in SSRS portal. Parameter A is a hidden parameter.

I have another parameter (parameter B) that is dependent on the value passed from the URL parameter A.

When the report is initially opened, parameter B is populated correctly, but when I refresh the page, parameter B stops being populated and results in a blank textbox.

I confirmed that the issue is not with parameter A as I made it a visible parameter, and it continues to be populated correctly after refreshing the URL.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

Thank you in advance.

Friday, July 31, 2020 4:09 PM

All replies

• Hi GokusBarber,

According to your description, how have you set the parameter B?

IF you are using cascading parameter here , you could see related refreshing issue with cascading parameter of SSRS. See if this could help you issue : SSRS Cascading Parameters Refresh: Solved

If not, you could share us you design and how parameter B was made, we could do some research accordingly.

Best Regards,

Joy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 3, 2020 5:40 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. 

Yes, I am using cascading parameters. I actually tried that same tutorial.

The result of applying this tutorial to my report is that I am now able to refresh the URL about 4-5 times before parameter B stops being populated; this is notably better than my previous situation where 1 refresh was all it took for it to stop being populated. 

Any idea why it works fine for those first 4-5 refreshes but fails after this? 

Perhaps this is simply the best possible results I'll get. 

Monday, August 3, 2020 5:01 PM
  • Hi, 

This seems quite weird that there is no such refresh restriction or settings in SSRS .

As we understand , each time we refresh , it is passing the same url and same parameter to the report. The out come should be same. 

Could it be browser causes ? Could you try other browser like chrome or Edge ?

Not quite sure what exactly went wrong , you could share us the .rdl file , maybe we could test it on our machine.

Regards,

Joy

""SQL Server related"" forum will be migrated to a new home on Microsoft Q&A SQL Server!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "SQL Server related" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A SQL Server !
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

• Edited by Joy_Zhao Tuesday, August 4, 2020 5:59 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Joy_Zhao Thursday, August 6, 2020 1:19 AM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2020 5:58 AM