none
Filter running perfectly on my PC and some other PCs, but not on some others RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have made an MPEG-2 Demux filter. When I use that filter on my PC, everythg is working fine. No data loss, no packet loss, no corruption etc etc. But, when I test running the Filter on my friends PC, video and audio are not rendered properly. Corruption in the data. Video gets corrupted, with breaks in audio. I tested running the Filter on some other machines,  it works well on few and output gets corrupted on others.

How can this problem be solved??
    Hidayath
    Saturday, May 2, 2009 7:03 AM

All replies

• Two points to check IMO :
    - check the CPU load; some PCs might be overloaded (either too slow, or maybe running some background tasks that you are not aware of
    - check the graphs. Are they always the same? Are you using the same decompressors, same renderers in all cases?
    Michel Roujansky, http://www.roujansky.com
    Saturday, May 2, 2009 7:14 AM
  • yeah,

I have used the same Filters/ renders in all the cases. And the Load on the machines is also not high. I have checked that too.
    Hidayath
    Saturday, May 2, 2009 7:19 AM
  • Some wild guesses:

- Test on some more machines and see if maybe problem is in that computers setup
     - There might be some debug/release issue ( optimization, special CPU abilities utilizations, different compiler options )
     - If you implemented reference clock maybe there is an issue there because PC clock can be a disaster

Whiter than the white is UV bright!
    Monday, May 4, 2009 7:25 AM