none
A test in a WHCK project does not leave the "running" state (clients are ok). RRS feed

• Question

• I had to cancel a test because of an error by rebooting the client machine.
    But the test in the project does not leave the "running" state, so I can' t repeat the test.

The client machine reacts (is in the ready state) and I can run other tests from the same project successfully.

I have tried everthing:
    - Rebooting client and studio computer
    - Change ready state of client
    - Loading another project an reloading the original project, etc.

Like I stated above:
    I can select other tests in the same project, which go to the waiting queue and which run successfully then.

Only the specific test, which is still in the running state, can't be checked, unchecked or cancelled.

This happend to me the second time in two different projects with two different tests.

Any idea how cancel the running state and thereby rescue the project?

Thanks a lot.

Greetings from Germany,

Carsten

Friday, November 9, 2012 1:31 PM

Answers

• Rebooting the client machine in the middle can sometimes confuse tests. Have you tried going into HCK Manager (explorers | Job Monitor) and deleting the result for that test? You would need to restart HCK Studio after deleting a result.

John -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 3:53 PM

All replies

• Hello Carsten,

If you want to do a good thing I think you should create a new project for a new test session, after reset the client machine (by reinstalling HCK Client).

Friday, November 9, 2012 2:00 PM
  • Hi RFrati, yes I know.

But I am looking for a solution without creating a new project.

I am testing several different drivers and I don't want to repeat all of sometimes up to 50 tests.
    Therefore I am still looking for a solution.

Friday, November 9, 2012 9:04 PM
  • Rebooting the client machine in the middle can sometimes confuse tests. Have you tried going into HCK Manager (explorers | Job Monitor) and deleting the result for that test? You would need to restart HCK Studio after deleting a result.

John -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 3:53 PM
  • Unfortunately I have deleted the projects with the "running" tests, so I can't try the solution from John.

But what I have learned additionally, that there is still a HCK Manager with the new HCK package.
    I have worked with HCK Studio only so far.

Thanks a lot!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:27 AM
  • I had the same Problem with the Driver Memory Test. Deleting the result in HCK Manager worked for me.
    Friday, August 7, 2015 1:33 PM